Friday, February 11, 2011

NY Botanical Gardens

When I first found out that I would be able to stay home with Henry I started to think about all of the possibilities for daily fun and adventures. Since we have moved to New Jersey it's been kind of fun because he and I get to share "firsts". Today, Ellen, Henry and I ventured to the Bronx to visit the New York Botanical Garden.

The drive there was not bad at all (actually very scenic) and we were one of a very small group of people there today. This made it nice to be able to take our time and for me to be able to linger and take lots of photos.

The gardens have a HUGE building that is basically an over-sized and very fancy greenhouse. It currently houses a collection of warm-climate plants and trees, which made it a delightful place to hang out on a cold winter day. We all really enjoyed ourselves, even Henry. (I know he's small and probably had no idea what was really going on but he seemed to actually enjoy being there and looking around at everything.)

Besides being a fun outing for the three of us, it was a good chance for me to stretch my photography muscles a bit. I'm pleased with some of the photos from the day. I can't wait to be able to go back in the spring to explore the grounds too.

Here are a few of my favorites from today:




No comments:

Post a Comment