Tuesday, January 4, 2011


Well, it's been a busy (but great) two weeks for the little Seavers Family. Some of the big things:

A few days before Christmas the house deal we were working on fell through. There were too many red flags and probable big extra expenses that we pulled out. Eddie and I are not too upset about it as it was much better for us to know now rather than having to spend a lot of money without having planned on it. Now that the New Year is here we are back in the game. I will be looking at some houses again this week. *fingers crossed*

We celebrated Christmas Eve with family as is tradition. Delicious Italian dinner, Henry's first Christmas Eve Mass (he was very well behaved) and presents with the cousins. It was a great night and we made it back home in time to get to sleep so that Santa could come. Here is our little family on Christmas Eve:

Christmas Day was a great day. It was really fun to have Henry around, even though he is too little to really understand or participate much beyond grasping the end of a piece of wrapping paper to "unwrap" a present. We exchanged great gifts with the family and just generally enjoyed a day in our PJs with a fire in the fireplace.

Eddie and I gave Henry a fun little plaything as his big gift. He seems to enjoy it so far. It's amazing how even after just a week he seems to "understand" it more and be more stable sitting in it.

New Jersey got hit with a big snow storm on the 26th as a late White Christmas. Ridgewood got about 19 inches, which was fun. (At least for now since the novelty of a big snow hasn't warn off for us southerners!) Eddie, Kevin, Ellen and I ventured out in the storm for a walk to downtown Ridgewood. It was really neat to see the main street covered in snow and so empty. Here is a picture of Eddie and I right before we headed out on the walk:

The morning after the storm we took Henry out for his first snow adventure! He seemed to like it. We Skyped with my parents during the outing so that they could share in the experience.

On Tuesday we headed south to have Schroeder Christmas with my parents. We had a great few days with them.

We were also able to catch up with some of our friends in the area as well. My parents were kind enough to host New Years Eve for us with some of our friends. We had a blast playing Charades and other games. 2010 was a great year and we are so excited to see what 2011 has in store for us!


When Eddie accepted the position up here in New Jersey I looked around online to see if there were any community bands in the area. I figured it would be a good way for me to meet some people and to also exercise my musical muscles. I found the Ridgewood Concert Band. I shot them an email and got a response about setting up an audition. I played for their conductor and section leaders last night...and I am now the newest member of the Second Clarinet section. I had my first rehearsal with them last night as well. It was a lot of fun and it felt good to play and to challenge my skills again. I am really looking forward to being involved with them. (Thanks, Grandma, for your babysitting services!)

He continues to be an amazing little kiddo. In the last week or so he has really improved with his tummy time, his cereal eating skills and all sorts of fun stuff. It's really fun to watch him develop, though it is really hitting me how fast he is growing up. So I am sure to enjoy each day with him because he's going to be crawling, walking, marching, base-running, etc. in no time. My favorite thing he does now is laughing at things. Ellen really got him going on Christmas by playing the Sit, Stand, Lay Down game.

No comments:

Post a Comment