Wednesday, October 27, 2010

We're still here....I meant to write an update on Monday to keep that pattern going but we were a little busy...

Henry got to go on his first trip to JMU! We went up last Friday and showed him around campus. Even though I know he's too little to know what's going on I loved having him see the Quad, the James Madison statue and watch the MRDs rehearse.



On Saturday we helped out with the Parade of Champions high school marching competition that JMU hosts. We had a great time up in the pressbox all day watching bands and helping out. Henry was a good boy and did really well for a majority of the day. I loved that he got to meet so many people that have been so special to me, including my high school and college band directors and the woman that I student taught with.

We drove back to Newport News on Sunday to attend a birthday party for the son of our friends. It was a lot of fun and it was Henry's first birthday party! We also took him Trick Or Treating in the residence halls for their annual event. So much fun to see the halls decorated and to see the students in costume. Henry was a hit in his costume:


Eddie and I flew up to New Jersey on Monday morning and back to Virginia Monday night. We did the quick trip to look at seven houses in hopes of finding "the one". Unfortunately we did not. But we are not discouraged just yet. We're going to take it easy on the home-front (haha) and get back to it once Eddie is up in Jersey which is next week already!

Tuesday brought us two going away parties for us at work. It's a little weird because my last day isn't until December 1 but Eddie's is Monday. (I'm remaining on for Health Insurance benefits because Eddie's won't start up for 60 days after he starts his new job...lame.) I'm going to be using a lot of my leave, which means I can be in New Jersey and then Wisconsin (to have Henry meet family!) and then finish up work after Thanksgiving. It's not ideal but it gives us health insurance coverage that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, I can collect my bonus and also spend more time prepping things for my departure.

It's been bittersweet preparing to leave...I am so excited for us and our new adventures. Eddie's new job, our first house (eventually) and getting to stay home with Henry. But we're also going to really miss the wonderful people that we've had the pleasure of working with over the last few years. We've been very lucky to work with many truly great people.

In Henry news...
-He weighed in at 12 pounds at his check-up last week.
-His sleeping has gotten much better and we're trying to be good about keeping his bedtime consistent. It seems to be helping.
-He's starting to "talk" more and it's pretty much the cutest thing ever.
-He continues to be a really great baby. We got lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment