Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: More Music!

I had a request for some more music selection so here it is for this week's Top Ten Tuesday.

This list is just of pieces that I like and not necessarily have any real personal connection or story to go with them. For the sake of getting this in on Tuesday I'm going to post with just some links on each title and refrain from commentary.

1) Lincolnshire Posy by Percy Grainger

2) Incantation and Dance by John Barnes Chance

3) Havendance by David Holsinger

4) O Magnum Mysterium by Morten Lauridsen

5) Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral by Richard Wagner

6) Winds of Nagual by Michael Colgrass

(This is just one of the movements...super fun.)

7) Danza Final (Malambo) from Estancia Dances by Alberto Ginastera

8) Lincoln Portrait by Aaron Copland

No list is complete without Copland and I LOVE this piece of music. I'm not sure who my favorite narrator is just yet but I stumbled on this recording (linked above) with Katharine Hepburn. Usually not a part that is usually read by a woman. Definitely not who I would pick (though I do love her) but I'll post this one for the novelty.

9) Symphonic Metamorphosis by Paul Hindemith

10) Fanfare and Allegro by Clifton Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment