Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Moyock Fun Continues

Apparently we've been having too much fun for me to update like I usually do! (Sorry to those of you looking forward to a Top Ten Tuesday....again!)

Over the last week Henry and I have been enjoying a relaxing stay here in Moyock. We've had some fun adventures while we were here:
-visit to our friend Jane's house
-playing with Andrew on the playground
-playing with Desmond at a different playground
-lunch at some of my favorite restaurants here (including some REAL BBQ)
-visited CNU's campus to see old friends

We've also had some fun right here at home:
-coloring with crayons and painting with paint (obviously)
-playing the piano
-learning how to buzz a french horn mouthpiece
-running around the yard
-reading LOTS of books (I have even been able to get some reading done, which is something I love to do but never make time to do usually....that being said, just read The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick. It was so very good. Go read it!)

I've also been staying with my running while I'm here. This morning I completed my first ten mile run. I did it in 1:43:27. I was really pleased with how it went despite the rain and wind! Now it seems pretty attainable to complete the half marathon in 46 days. I only have to add 3.1 miles to my run. It's pretty exciting to make this progress and feel good at the end of my runs. (Eddie flew in last night and did his long run today too....he ran 18 miles!)

We're enjoying our time here and are looking forward to Thanksgiving on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment