Wednesday, July 6, 2011

We're Still Here!

Thanks for your patience as we have had a very busy time since the last entry! Here are some bullet points to catch you up:

-I survived helping with four orientation sessions at CNU. The students and staff really came together to put together a fantastic experience for the incoming students and their parents. I am glad that I really got to be there. It was a little difficult to leave on my last day as my contract is up and even though I'm going to see most of the people fairly regularly working at CNU has been a great experience for me both personally and professionally. So for all of your CNU-ers that might be reading this...I miss you already!

-Eddie flew down to spend time with Henry and I. He had the chance to play golf, play kickball, see friends and relax a little. He even got recruited to help with parking for one of the orientation sessions!

-Henry had a super time with Ding Dong and Grandad. He went swimming, went on walks, worked on perfecting his coffee table cruising, ate meatloaf, practiced the piano and so much more. I think they all really enjoyed the time together and I'm glad that we were able to do it.

-On July 3rd Eddie, Henry and I packed up the car and headed back north. We stopped in Fredericksburg along the way to have lunch with a good friend from high school/college that I haven't seen in five years. She, her husband and little boy drove to meet us and it was a fun lunch. It's still kind of weird to me that we're old enough to have kids! After lunch we continued to DC where we had planned on meeting friends for the dress rehearsal of the Capitol Fourth concert. My family had done this for many years and so we thought it would be fun to do ourselves. (Great way to see the same concert without the crazy crowd!) When we got into DC we were able to walk around The Mall a little and then headed into the Air & Space museum to cool off. Good thing we did because a HUGE storm blew through town. Thankfully the storm let up before the museum closed so we were able to head back to the Capitol to meet up with our friends. We were sad to find out that they had closed the rehearsal to the public, probably to keep the lawn from getting too muddy. The rehearsal went on but it was too hard to hear from the closest we could get so we decided to head back to Jersey. We got in at 12:45 and were in bed a little before 2.

-July 4th started early (especially after an early morning return!) and included the Seavers Siblings running the Glen Rock 5K. We all did really well! It was fun to all run even if we weren't together (due to some runners being faster than others!). After the run we headed back to the house to get ready for the parade. The Seavers' house is right on the parade route so we just had to walk out the front door and grab a spot on the lawn to enjoy. Henry loved the parade and got especially excited when the different bands marched by. (This made me quite happy!) We spent the rest of the day hanging out, eating, etc. before the fireworks, which are conveniently shot off right across the street. The Seavers' lawn is the perfect location and was full of friends and family for the show. Henry had skipped his afternoon nap and was quite tired by the time the fireworks started but he was awake for them. He was NOT a fan of them at first when we had him on the lawn but we moved onto the covered porch and he started to actually enjoy them.

-House Update: I was able to get in to see the work that Eddie and his family did while I was away. It was neat to see the lack of wallpaper and start to really visualize what things may look like when things are done. We have some contractors coming in to look at the bathrooms and kitchen so we can get estimates on some updates we would like to do before we actually move in.

-Henry Updates: Henry continues to learn new things and be a great little kiddo. He's getting to be pretty good at cruising along tables, sofas, etc. He has started pointing at just about everything with his cute little pointer finger. It's really hard to believe that his first birthday is right around the corner!

Here's one of my new favorite photos of him:

1 comment:

  1. I have missed your posts and am sad I didn't get to see you all when you were in town. Congrats on another 5K!! Way to go, runner girl :)