Monday, April 4, 2011

Written earlier this afternoon:

Henry is laying in his Boppy pillow feeding himself a bottle. Sometimes I can't believe he's such a big boy! He took a super-nap this morning/early afternoon (three hours!) so I got a lot done. A few loads of laundry and some work stuff. He got up, had lunch and was playing until he got a little fussy, which usually means he's ready for an afternoon snack.

We got back from a great trip to VA/NC last night, well, technically this morning. We got in around 1:15am but I have to say the drive itself was pretty easy. No traffic and Henry slept the WHOLE WAY so it was good. Eddie and I listened to the audiobook version of "Earth" by Jon Stewart and the Daily Show. Pretty funny and it made the ride go by fairly quickly.

Our trip started last Monday when Henry and I headed down to Brunswick, MD to have a little visit with our friends Sean and Andrea. I hadn't seen them since November and since then they've found out they're having their own little one so it was a fun visit. Henry, Andrea and I headed to Harpers Ferry on Monday afternoon. It is pretty close to their house so it was a nice little adventure. It was pretty quiet since it was late afternoon on a Monday but we enjoyed a nice stroll and got a stamp for Henry's National Parks Passport.

Here is Andrea (looking fantastic!) and Henry on our trip:

After our walk we headed back to Brunswick to pick up Sean from the train station. (He commutes to work.) We had DELICIOUS pizza for dinner and just relaxed, which was really nice.

The next morning Henry and I headed out and down towards my parents' house. We went via Loudoun County, which is the county where I was born and raised. Since we were so close I decided to swing by the old neighborhood and see the house where I grew up. It looks pretty much the same except the people put up a small fence around the backyard and the trees are much bigger. My old swingset was still there, which is a testament to the handiwork of my parents who built it! It was really weird to be back in the area as it has been a long time since I had been there and even longer since I had spent any significant time there.

After that small detour we headed south and made it down without much difficulty. Henry is such a great little traveler! My parents were, of course, very happy to see Henry (and me). Eddie joined us on Thursday.

Eddie headed up to Newport News on Friday evening to see some folks so Dad and I enjoyed dinner at home. He made himself a fancy stir-fry while I enjoyed leftover BBQ. His dinner was very photogenic:

Over our visit we enjoyed just hanging out, harassing Henry with the camera and seeing friends.

We also got to celebrate two babies at showers, which was a lot of fun. I can't wait to meet these new little baby boys!

Henry and Hannah got a chance to hang out and play some duets while we were there:

After the shower yesterday we headed back and here we are, back to routine (hopefully). We're also waiting with fingers and toes crossed for some news on the home-front. Hopefully I'll have something good to report here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment