Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring?

The last few days had been B-E-A-UTIFUL! I hadn't realized how much I was missing being outside, feeling the sun and smelling the fresh air. We took advantage of the weather with some outdoor activities. I'm excited to report that the "we" I am speaking of includes Eddie! He had Friday off, which was awesome.

We headed out to Van Saun Park with Meredith and Eleni. We all had fun at the great playground at the park:







After the playground we headed to the zoo at the park. It's not anything super-exciting but it was free because we aren't "in season" yet. We saw rheas, spider monkeys, goats, a mountain lion and some other animals.






Henry took it all in and then zonked out in the stroller when we were walking back to the car.

He did, however, wake up when we got to Van Dyk's for ice cream. It was the perfect day for a cone and so we enjoyed our creamy deliciousness while standing outside in the sun. Henry even got in on the fun with his first taste of ice cream. He seemed to like it, which is no surprise...he likes just about everything!






When we got home it was time for Henry's dinner. He must have had a good day because he zonked out right in his high chair!




Saturday and Sunday were very relaxing. We enjoyed a fairly nice weekend, weather-wise, and watched a lot of basketball. (Watching our brackets has been so much fun, as usual!)

We started this week of with an unexpected sight out of our window:



I had missed the weather report that predicted this so I was pretty shocked when I got up. Thankfully it stopped around 10 and most of it had melted by mid-afternoon. I was glad of this because I had really missed seeing grass for the two months it was covered by snow this winter.

Before I end this post I want to say hello to Uncle Tom and Aunt Alicia, who I just found out tonight read this blog. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment