Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Since the last post we've been quite busy!

Beth and Henry had a safe trip back up to New Jersey. While we were certainly sad to leave Grama Ding Dong and Grandad, it was VERY nice to be reunited with Eddie. We celebrated our return with a family outing (minus Kevin) to pick out the Seavers Family Christmas tree. It was a first for Henry AND for me. (My parents have had the same awesome artificial tree for 30-some years.)

Here is a photo of us at the tree lot:



We enjoyed a nice weekend, hanging out with the family and friends. On Sunday, a few of us played some Mexican Train dominoes during the afternoon. After a delicious big dinner, we played some Taboo, which was hilarious. I love playing games and am glad that I married into a family that enjoys them too!

House Update: I've been hesitant to say much so nothing is jinxed. Our offer was accepted and we had the home inspection on Monday morning. Nothing terrible but certainly some things we will ask the owners to fix before we move forward. We are working on our list to send to them so we'll see what they say. *fingers crossed*

I am heading back to Virginia tomorrow afternoon for my last bit of work. I am not bringing Henry with me. I'm incredibly sad to be leaving him but also know that it will be easier for me, especially since work is going to be very busy. I am heavily involved with the online system that takes registration and important information for incoming freshman in terms of their orientation, course preferences, housing, etc. It launches on Monday so we have a lot of prep before then and also will use next week to troubleshoot anything since we have some new components. I am nerdily excited about the whole thing. The system is a really great tool and we are using it in some new ways this year.

Henry and Eddie will have some quality Man Time while I am away. I will be thankful to return at the end of next week because it will mean that we are a step closer to things calming down. Of course we have (hopefully) a move ahead of us but at least we'll all be together. It's been harder than I anticipated to be separated. But I know that it's been for the greater good, in term of having health insurance, extra paychecks in the bank and me being able to transition slowly out of my job.

In Henry news...he continues to be a great kid. We had some minor "excitement" on Monday morning when I discovered that he had fallen victim to a "hair tourniquet" on one of his toes! Ironically, I had read a paragraph about them in his Week By Week book the night before. I was able to get the hair off and his toe recovered. There is still a mark where the hair was but he won't be losing his Little Piggy that Stayed Home!

He is also starting to get much better at being able to grab things intentionally and has started putting two and two together about grabbing and pulling a bottle to his mouth to feed...although his aim is sometimes a little off!

That's about all from here....since I will be away in Virginia I am putting Eddie in charge of next week's entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment