Tuesday, November 9, 2010

What did Dela wear, boy?



Our friend Tim sings this every time he drives over the bridge from Delaware to New Jersey. In his honor, I sang it on Friday night when I crossed over into Jersey.

I managed to survive the three days without my boys in Virginia. I took advantage of the time and spent time with some friends and got the rest of the house packed up. Don't get me wrong, I missed the two of them a great deal, but it was a nice "break" to be able to be so productive...and to sleep through the night.

I got up to New Jersey late on Friday and Henry was asleep. I didn't wake him up even though I wanted to pick him up and cuddle him. We did that in the middle of the night when he woke up to eat.

On Sunday, Ellen and I took Henry across the street to take some pictures of him in an autumn outfit. I love the results. Here are a few favorites from the "shoot":




Eddie is still enjoying work, which is great. I am still working my current job until January 3rd. I am burning the rest of my leave but am still doing work via email while I'm away. It's amazing how much technology can allow you to still be productive, even from a few states away.

I went with our realtor and Eddie's parents to look at 8 houses yesterday. Still nothing. I am so thankful that we have a place to stay while we are looking. I would have been a big ball of stress if we had to look for a place to rent while we were looking for a place to buy. We are very lucky!

Henry and I went on our first New Jersey field trip today...to Target! Nothing exciting but it's fun to learn how to get to places. I think if it's nice out we'll take a walk over to the high school to visit Aunt Karen one day this week.

In Henry news...he continues to be an awesome baby. He's been sleeping and napping really well. His new thing is munching on everything and drooling a lot. Apparently this is normal and right "on target" according to the Week 12 entry in the book we read.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment