Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Almost Back To Normal

I apologize for the lack of updates in the last week or so.  We've been busy getting back to normal after Henry's surgery.  If you couldn't see his incision, you'd had no idea he had anything done!  He's up to his old tricks like standing on his Sit & Spin, running around, dancing, etc.  It's amazing how quickly he recovered.  We are so thankful that he handled everything so well and had a relatively easy recovery (once he didn't have to take his antibiotics anymore...let's just say our garbagemen probably passed out from our trash during those few days!).

He had a follow-up appointment with his cardiologist to make sure things were going well and that no fluid had collected around the heart.  Everything looked great and he was a trooper again during his echocardiogram.  (The cardiologist called him "mature for his age"!)  We won't have to see his cardiologist anymore.  Instead, his appointments will now just be with his electrophysiologist to make sure the pacemaker is working correctly.

He's able to take baths and do just about everything we usually do.  I'm holding off on playgrounds for now and we haven't really wrestled just yet.  The surgeon told us we could keep the bandages off his incision after the first few days but Henry's been itching it a little at night so until it heals a little more we're going to keep it covered so he doesn't hurt it at night.

We are back to our routine of library time, music time, grocery shopping, playing, etc.  Right now he is really into doing puzzles and practicing his letters, especially drawing Hs.  (He's getting quite good at it!)  I will write a more in depth "developmental update" later this month when he hits 21 months (holy cow!).

Today Henry and I ran some errands and then went to a library in a neighboring town that we don't go to very often.  They have a fishtank there and Henry loves fish so we checked it out.  When we first looked in there was a dead fish in one of the plants at the bottom of the tank.  Henry pointed at it so I told him that the fish was taking a nap. Henry pointed at the fish again and said "Night Night."   I guess the librarians heard me because when we were doing puzzles (away from the aquarium) I heard them discuss it and remove it from the tank.  As we were leaving Henry wanted to look at the fish again.  He looked around the tank and then pointed to where the dead fish had been and said "Bye Bye, Night Night."  Cracked me up.

To close this post, here is a picture I took yesterday morning of Henry in his PJs doing his tool puzzle:

No comments:

Post a Comment