Monday, August 15, 2011

Last year...

Last year at this time my water had broken 17 hours ago and we had been hanging out in the hospital for a while...




My Katie spent a good amount of time helping to keep me amused until my contractions got to bad to think things were funny...and then she rubbed my back in rhythm with my breathing pattern...without me asking. She rocked.

We waited and waited and waited...."Leroy" didn't like the Pitocin they had given me so he started to get a rapid heartbeat, which caused some tense moments for us. Once things calmed down for the night Eddie and I used the white board in our room to finally figure out what we were going to name our little boy. We settled in for the night, thinking we'd have our Henry James in the morning...


No comments:

Post a Comment